It was suggested by Perth Business Gateway to rewrite the 2001 proposal to use the Millennium Dome as a global environmental management centre, this time relevant for Scotland in 2006. The outline executive summary, Scotland:The World's First Ecological Superpower, was produced. The next stage is to implement it, what do you think?

Tuesday 24 July 2007

Here I Go Again

Just listening to a Whitesnake album there.

Well I've been away from the blog for a few months. My ISP who I used for connection (not email hosting) suddenly closed down. I was ill as I had an told one of the other Scottish political sites, I had a lot of work to do in other areas. Blogs generate work and more connections, more work was the last thing I wanted.Well let's start again with the floods. Those who were reading the blog at the start of the year know flooding was cover when it hit Perthshire in Dec 2006.


When the floods hit Yorkshire I contacted the Yorkshire Evening Post and spoke to their reporter Richard Edwards. I suppose I gave him the scoop of the year when I told him the flood cost would rise. I assume he didn't use the exclusive as he never got back in contact. When the floods hit the South West I spoke to Emily Cleland at the Gloucester Echo and gave her a few leads.

The BBC 'faking it' news really got me wound up. In a telephone conversation with BBC News 24 in 2004, they admitted to me they were going ahead with a weeks programming on terrorism and climate change based on an article by the Govs Chief Scientist even though they admitted I was the original author. So last week I made a complaint to OFCOM on 18th July (other blogs have covered my feelings earlier this year eg Devils Kitchen) I even cited that this diverted attention from the technologies to predict and prevent flooding. Fortunately the day before the big one hit so I cannot be accused of band waggoning.

Don't think I haven't tried, nearly every media and press newsdesk will admit they were contacted by me, but weren't interested in the story before it happened. Strange how they are now interested in the disaster but not the prevention.

Thanks to Peter Black Member of the Welsh Assembly for putting some of my comments on his blog. My father was Welsh and didn't speak English until he was 16, I had got fed up with England, my mothers family were Scottish. I had to move, so I went to Scotland for my Celtic roots, probably because Scotland was further along the path of devolution, I don't know. Anyway as Richard Edwards said there is plenty to blog about.

No comments: